Why Digitise Your Documents With Transmedia
Paper documents and files degrade over time and an onsite storage facility can take up valuable and expensive office space. The documents themselves are often difficult to locate and search in detail.
Converting these files and storing in an electronic archive will allow these files to be easily available and allow the information they contain to be searchable. Increased efficiency is achieved and documents are no longer restricted to the geographical location at which they are stored.
At Transmedia we have the latest technology combined with 40 years experience to turn your paper documents into digital files which can be integrated into any existing IT system.
You can maintain access to your files the whole time they are off-site by making use of our scan on demand service. We will scan the file you request as soon as possible (usually the same day) and either send the images by email or upload to our secure cloud server for you to access instantly.
Our processes are subject to 100% verification and a rigorous quality control system (we are an ISO9001:2008 accredited document scanning bureau - for a full list of our accreditations please click here).
Bulk Document Scanning Service
Our knowledgeable and experienced staff have the capacity to convert large quantities of paper documents in a wide range of formats, whether you require one-off backlog scanning or an ongoing service. In most cases we can offer a free no obligation on-site inspection to assess and discuss your requirements and to provide an accurate quote for digitsing your records. We can also produce free sample scans from your hard copy originals to ensure that all your requirements have been understood and you are happy with the results.
Our document scanning service includes:
- Collection from most areas in the UK using our own secure transport (click here for more information)
- Preparation of documents (removing staples, unfolding corners, etc.)
- Files scanned in black and white or colour, or a combination of both depending on the contents of each page
- Documents scanned up to 600DPI, however we recommend 200/300DPI for most text based documents
- Digital files output to any required format (searchable/OCRd PDFs are usually supplied at no extra cost)
- Range of options for delivery of images including CD/DVD, encrypted hard drive/USB stick or FTP. We can also host the images on our secure online document management system
Plan/Drawing Scanning & Reproduction
Transmedia have a number of wide format scanners available in the document scanning bureau, capable of scanning plans & drawings up to 42 inches wide (over A0 size). We are also able to produce copies from the digital scans using our own large format printers.
Books & Delicate Material
We specialise in producing accurate, high quality images from books, newspapers and other delicate material such as historical documents. We are able to:
- Scan any book without alteration or damage to the binding
- Scan damaged, delicate or important documents with minimal contact
- Ensure that no moving machine parts touch the document
For further information please view our book scanning service page.
Onsite Scanning Service
We frequently transport equipment and staff to onsite locations to perform a variety of tasks such as paper, book and film scanning. Situations where we often go onsite include:
- Documents are in constant use and need to be available at all times
- Documents are too important or damaged to transport
- Documents which have small levels of radiation which cannot leave the site